Thread: Breaking habits
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
August252015

What tursiops said!!

The whole drinking/cooking/shows thing was big for me too. Now I dont cook- I think I have made eggs 1x in nearly 4 mos of sobriety and that is the extent of my cooking- and have healthy stuff ready to eat in the fridge (salads fresh from the salad bar at the grocery, my fave rotisserie chicken salad, fruit, whatever) where little or no assembly is required. I also record my shows for controlled watching, 90% of the time and set a time to watch them later, a different night. Breaks up the habit I guess.

I also started planning dinner out or yoga, or time with a friend (right now I am actually watching Mme Secretary episodes with a friend who hasnt seen the end of the season, ha!) on my nights off, which are Wed, Sat and Sun.

I am also big on Netflix so another thing I do is look for anoter new to me show to binge watch!
Also, the brother idea is a good one- I have spent a handful of nights watching tv, my shows or not, with my parents since I stopped drinking.

And I have said it in lots of threads, again throw in a vote for sending myself to bed early whenever needed, for whatever reason!!!