View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

I turned 32 in rehab... That was a very, very low point for me. I'd been fired from a really good job. Embarrassed myself in front of friends and other people in my social circle. Terrified my parents. Got dumped by my boyfriend. It was a mess. After that I moved in with my mother.

I put one foot in front of the other. I got a part time job at a grocery store, and spent the rest of my time building up freelance clients in my regular line of work. Went to AA, posted here, got my head together, worked really, really hard.

I have 11 months and I'm now working at a new, really good and exciting job that will take my career to the next level. The boyfriend wants me back but I'm smart enough not to take him back. My parents and I are in a really good place as I won their trust and respect back through my actions over the last year. My friends are impressed and supportive.

It hasn't been easy and it still isn't easy. But it's light years better than it was. Getting sober and learning how to deal with my discomfort and unhappiness through action instead of escapism have made such a difference in my life. I'm glad you're starting on this path!!