View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TTT333

How to tell if I'll get DTs

So, I want to quit drinking, but I do not want to go to the hospital. I have extreme agoraphobia which makes it so I cannot leave my house. I just want to know how I can predict if I'm going to have severe withdrawals, and what I can do to prevent them. I have a lot of clonazepam on hand.

Basically, I've been drinking a liter of rum for the last year or so every day essentially. Before that, I would drink at least 4 times a week, same amount for like 3 years. Before that, I would drink every weekend since I was like 14 (I'm 26.)

I'm wondering that if I can stay sober for a week, am I pretty much out of the withdrawal phase of things for immediate danger on my life? If I start to experience heavy withdrawal, should I drink alcohol to ward off the withdrawal? What are some of the signs that I'm having heavy withdrawal? I'm not very shaky, but I find that at night while I try to sleep, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night completely drenched in sweat. I feel moderate anxiety during the day.