View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wishful78

Just to add to the above comments. Even if all this time is just abstinence I still think it matters and makes a difference. I didn't even figure I would go this long without a drink to be honest. Here I am well beyond the three months I had said at the beginning I was going to do. The last time I did an extended sobriety of three months years ago as soon as those three months were up you couldn't stop me from getting to that drink. This time I'm not so quick matter-of-fact I am more hesitant. Last night I almost had a beer with my wife and sister in law and I decided against it. I'm thinking about things a lot more. I got a lot of work to do and I'll figure out what's best as I go. So I guess what I'm saying is that even if it's just abstinence for the three months or however much longer I go it's still meaning something to me and matters to what I will do in the future I think. I know a lot of people will say well if you're not dedicated to being sober the rest of your life and you just did to three months well then you should probably just have kept drinking because it's counterproductive but I don't agree with that at all. I have had nothing to affect my brain or alter my mind in months and I've learned a lot and grown a lot whatever happens from here it's still matters to me that I did it. I know I can do it again and for longer and longer if I choose. Maybe forever. Or just stay the course I am still on now of where I am now not doing it. My decision. Yes I know a lot of you would say limbo state is most dangerous but I think the limbo state is much less dangerous than any sort of denial state. The denial state of saying there's nothing here for me to step back and examine about me and my relationship with alcohol. I know I will never be in that denial place again. I came here for a reason and I know that I got to keep in touch with what those reasons are. Today I am happily sober so on with the show.