View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SweatyHands
Brother of the Wolf

Today, I built on my hard-won success from yesterday. I over-extended myself today, but I was fairly confident that I would be able to do everything that I planned to without sacrificing too much of my time to take care of myself. First, I went to the big specialty foods grocery store with my mother to educate her on some products that she wanted to use. (I was a professional chef for 15+ years, once upon a time.) While there, I bought some fancy chocolate for my wife, and some really good sodas that I can't find out west. Then, we set out to head downtown to see an old friend, but at the last minute, she cancelled on us. So we took the unexpected free time to go explore our old neighborhood and have a nice quiet lunch together. After that, I went with my sister and her husband to the farmer's market, where my wife rejoined us after catching up with a friend of hers from college. Then we finished off the day by joining some of our best friends for dinner at their home. I spent the evening drinking mineral water and playing with their three small children.

Now, I'm reflecting back on another day of sobriety and happiness, and looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.