View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
If you were to google bigbooksponsorship you might find there is a free 32 page workbook which can get you through the steps. It highlights all the directions in the AA Big Book (How to stay sober the permanent way). Steps one to three are covered in the first two hours which is about all you need for them before at once moving to step four.

There is a cyclical sort of aspect to 1-3 which seems to catch out a lot of people. Each step leads to the next, the next being the proof of the last. Step one identifying the problem, leads to step two identifying the solution, which leads to step three a decision to act on the solution which leads to step four, the beginning of the action. If there is no action, then step three hasn't really been taken, which throws into doubt step two and step one. It kind of unravels without action as each previous step loses its effect It is called the three step sometimes.

Your ex-sponsor sounds a bit strange. If you are willing and able to completely give yourself to this simple program, then she should be there to help. If you have reservations however, the Big Book tells her that she would be wasting her time and she better find someone else. Half measures don't work you see.
I didn't know about that thank you. I'll look for it. Maybe I could do that for awhile and come here more.