View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I related a lot to your story, and I did find the root of all my problems. A little different than yours though.

It doesn't sound like popping your head into an AA meeting would do much good at the moment. AA is about connecting you with a power greater than yourself which will solve your problems. If your own power is still adequate, then you won't need any extra. The best way to find aout about AA is one on one with a recovered alcoholic who can explain it and answer your questions. You would have to go to about 50 meetings to get the same information you could gain in a couple of hours one on one. Just call the hotline if you want to do that.

You seem to have these other issues causing you to drink. Perhaps if you stop drinking and get these issues treated, the need for drinking will go away.

Radical mood swings was an issue I had, which they managed to treat to some extent but it didn't fix my drinking. That was because I was/am alcoholic. But it was worth a try. For me it was a process of elimination and I might have found something that worked at any stage.