View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
fini

BlueFairy,
no-one here could know if you need AA, if you're a fraud, a "real" alcoholic or not.
i had a "moment of clarity" and some kind of shift happened and i could stop drinking and not return to it.
not wanting or needing to drink since then is irrelevant to the fact i was powerless in the years prior to that.

if you are convinced your sponsor "dumped" you because you have different opinions about politics, then it's just as well you two parted ways. because if that's the case, and she can't see past that to the step-stuff, then she's not able to focus on the work at hand or practice the principles inherent in it.

but there are many other perspectives possible here, and quite possibly she sees something that you don't.
and if she feels for whatever reason that she's unable to go through this process with you, then it's an honest thing to do to tell you so.
i decided to say good-bye to the sponsoring process to someone who seemed unwilling to showing up to both "the work" and simply to weekly meeting, and i spent a lot of time examining my motives and just sitting with things before i had clarity on the right thing to do.
possibly your ex-sponsor did, too, and saw it as the only way forward for whatever reason.

i realize it's a bit unusual to start the step-work when you've been sober a while and have no desire or need to drink; i was in the same situation. possibly this sponsor-person simply cannot fathom or accept that reality.

what kind of help are you looking for with your post?
if