View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Dumped by sponsor

I posted on some other forums but there doesn't seem to be anyone around and I'm upset right now. Today my sponsor dumped me. She was adamant that I couldn't admit enough 'powerless over alcohol' stuff. I don't know. I made a huge list on how I had been powerless over alcohol-- and all the ways, but I really don't want to drink now and have been sober a year and a month. So just because I don't want to drink she said she couldn't work with me because I won't admit I'm powerless over alcohol. Which I have. She even went as far as to suggest I drink again just to understand it's effects on me. I may not have uncontrollable urges to drink but please do not suggest to me I'm not an alcoholic! I know I am. I do want to work the steps and for that I need a sponsor. I got up to step 4 by myself and felt like it was stuff that really helped me and I want to be able to sponsor someone maybe sometime--people have asked me-- but because I haven't worked the steps, I haven't been able to. I may not have these horrible cravings (sorry but I read a reeally great book--how to stop drinking the easy way by Allen Carr and I haven't wanted to drink really since then) but I want to learn to live my life. I heard in a meeting once--not drinking is easy. Living Life is hard. Sponsor said that's not what aa is for. I'm sure I could easily say oh--I'll just control my drinking but I know that doesn't work. she suggested that too--maybe go back to just controlling my drinking. Unbelievable. I think she just wanted to get rid of me because I am a big Hillary supporter and she was a big Bernie Bro. and in lie of yesterdays big day--she was just done with me. Help! Am I just a fraud? Do I not need AA? I like AA and it's the Only thing around here--no rational recovery or anything else like it.

Last edited by BlueFairy; 06-08-2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added punctuation and stuff.