Thread: Anxious
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
maz36

Unhappy Anxious

Hello again,
I posted earlier saying it was my first night without wine. Thank you so much for all the kind words.
It is 3am where I am and I haven't slept. I had genuinely forgotten how bad my night time anxiety was (perpetuated no doubt by the lack of alcohol).
I drank a bottle of wine of an evening to make sure I slept peacefully - rather than tossing and turning all night worrying.
Without booze that's exactly what I'm doing. When my anxiety was really bad I had this fear I was losing my mind and was terrified I might start hearing voices. (I never heard any voices but would check to verify noises had actually happened and I wasn't imaging them - crazy I know!)
Tonight reminds me of that time because I'm very worried about experiencing withdrawal symptoms. My heart is pounding and I keep feeling I can't breath - which I think is my anxiety more than anything. How long will it take for me to be out of the woods and know that I'm not in danger of experiencing withdrawal symptoms (by that I mean seizures and hallucinations). I drank a bottle of wine a night for a year and a half - I didn't think I would get seizures or hallucinations on that amount. Thank you for any advice! (At least I'll only be tired and not hungover too at work tomorrow!)