View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mountainmanbob

Nothing Like -- SOBER REFLECTIONS

I was just outside on this peaceful afternoon smoking a cigar, watching our goats and pondering a few sober reflections in my minds eye. It's interesting the thoughts that go through the mind. Some I'm glad that I don't act out on today. In sobriety I had to let go of some old ideas.

I often wonder what if I was drinking today, would I make some decisions that I would not make while sober? The answer for me regarding this question is yes. Today my conscience is a strong moral compass -- thank God.

I remember back in my drinking days doing things while drunk -- setting my conscience aside for the moment -- and not thinking twice about the possible consequences.

Thoughts still occasionally cross my mind that are not the best but, I let them go and push them away. Keeps me out of a lot of trouble. Giving the mind time to seek the right, moral things to do today. I still reflect at times, how would I have reacted or react to these issues of life today if I was still drinking? I would probably end up in a lot of trouble with my wife and possibly again with the judge and who knows who else?

Ever think about how you would have possibly done the wrong thing or things if you were drinking today?

A nice sober day wished for all.
MB