View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
amp123

Originally Posted by CCFCAFC View Post
Unfortunately mine was 2 nights ago. Went to a concert that I was very much looking forward to, loaded up on drinks before hand and during and can't remember 95% of the gig - or actually getting home. Saw photos of myself the next day asleep on the train home.

Blackouts are the worst. According to my friends I didn't even 'seem that drunk' yet memories aren't being formed. It's horrible and I hate it so much. I always assume I did the most stupid/ridiculous things while in that stage and I probably did do some stupid things - things I would never do when sober.

I can go for days/weeks without drinking but when I do I just can't handle it, my first several drinks i'm 'fine' - don't feel drunk and then bam one more and it's lights out. I am fortunate in life - I'm 29, I have a good family, wife and son with another boy on the way and it's time to put a stop to this. I don't even know it got to this but every night out is the same. And I know how messed up this is - but I almost feel like I need to have another big session just to prove to myself that I can control it and it doesn't control me - ridiculous.
Hey! Sounds like you are smart in that you have identified this problem before it has started ruling your life. If you have to think about whether you can control it or not you probably have the answer right there. Hope you make a wise decision