View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopeforlifelove

Pregnant and recovery

I've had a problem with acholic for about 3 years. It was just fun then it become the thing that helped me meet people, date and deal with my depression. I had blackouts, DUI and now losing my family. I didn't drink everyday but when I did drink I drank heavy and fast! Beer and wine have always been my choice. I found out I was pregnant and from the beginning my boyfriend told me to get rid of the child or he would leave me. I was depressed and cut back on drinking big time until the abortion. I was told I went through a miscarriage. Long story story short I went back to the doctor about 6 weeks later and I was 13 weeks pregnant. I knew then I was keeping the child but I was also keeping my addiction. I stopped drinking and really stopped going around my family who are all alcoholics and don't see any harm in drinking pregnant. They would still offer me drinks even with my full belly. I relapsed and drank. I know it's wrong and I'm coming here because I have no where else to go. I feel so helpless and alone in this. I just want to hear stories of people who have went through this and how they got clean and sober. I want it so bad but I feel so helpless. I just don't understand why I can't stop. I have read hours and hours on FAS and now there is nothing I can do to undo any damage I might have caused my child. I can only hope and pray my child will be ok and not relapse again. I'm trying and need some help.

Please send love and understanding to me please.