View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Berrybean

forgetting after just a couple of drinks

Now, I know that I can't 'solve' my partners drinking issues. I do. Thing is, I just wondered about people completely forgetting things that happened after just a few drinks. He's always black-out drunk by the end of an evening and can't remember coming home, or where he ended up and stuff. But is seems that he's now completely forgetting whole chunks of time where he's only partly drunk. Like last night for example, he came home after 3 drinks, we had a conversation that lasted about 20 minutes (he was interacting, saying what he thought, adjusting plans etc.) Then later he went out and got more drunk. He says half drunk, but I'd say more than that TBH. Anyway, this morning he's totally and utterly forgotten the conversation. Even when reminded of it, it's not coming back. A lot of the time this would be a cue for him to say I'm making it up. Thing is this was about his stuff, not mine, and there would be no reason for me to do that, so he's not even tried that baby today. He says it can't be alcohol because he'd only had a few. I'm dubious. It's def getting worse. I didn't have this (that I know of) with my own drinking - not regularly anyway. Anyone have any experience of this to share?