View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sleepie

That's what I figured. SIGH. Do these types ever change? What could a person possibly have to gain by helping someone stay active in drinking/using???

Now I hope what I posted won't be confused for me saying he "made" me drink or even blaming him for drinking. What I am saying is, if he truly cared for me he would have said something. Maybe helped me with a word here or there of encouragement? Don't people do this kind of thing for their partner? Or is it normal for them to just keep buying the booze until the drinker just pulls up and stops on their own without a word of encouragement at all, ever? I would have been happy even if he gave an ultimatum. I mean I truly think that if I never stopped, we'd still be together, I'd still be drinking and it would just go on and on. Like it makes no difference either way to him. I have to wonder was he actually more comfortable with me as a drinker since I could just drink alone so he did not have to bother with me or the demands of an adult relationship?