View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 12:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Erratic
Say cheese!

Hi robina i have BPD , i wont say anything as dmajor seems to be doing a good job of giving the advice your needing

I will say just a little bit on what other charactristics are is that we also suffer from feeling dead inside and not feel emotion. our moods swings can range from every half hour depending on how bad we are feeling. I have a husband and he just tries to leave me alone and not badger me and just wait until im ready to open up or talk about anything.

How bad is your daughter? is she self harming? here is the traits of BPD its normaly if you have 5 or more out of 9 of these that you are BPD. some BPD have other things wrong like i have AD anxeity disorder , eating disorder, panic attacks and so on. there is a number of helpfull sites out there not sure if im allowed to give out any or not.. but here is one and the people from this site can take it down if they like.. www.bpdworld.com it gives you alot of info and help..

here is the traits or criteria of BPD hope that some of this helps..once im more awake i might be able to tell you abit more..

. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment

2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation

3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self

4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)

5. Recurrent suicidal behaviour, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behaviour

6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)

7. Chronic feelings of emptiness

8. Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)

9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms
Anyone with six or more of the above traits and symptoms may be diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. However, the traits must be long-standing (pervasive) and there must be no better explanation for them (for example a physical illness, another mental illness or substance misuse).

ICD