View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
August252015

You sound very alert about this, if scared.

A lot of us have dealt with this. I am in GA and mine happened here; you are doing the right things with your Dad, lawyer help, etc. It is hard to be patient during this process but the notes above are, in my exper and those of others I know here, spot on. Do not know OH laws but in most states, first offender status (if convicted- perhaps with a lawyer's help you won't be) involves probation, DUI class, attendance of AA mtgs, and the like. I also suggest, particularly based on your comments about your friend vs you and BAC, that you research drinking in general- if you need to learn stuff about body weight/how we process alcohol differently, or just anything about the topic, there are TONS of articles you can find online by putting in basic keywords.

You made it to SR awfully fast so perhaps this or similar sites are good places to look at the issue of drinking, assess where you are with it, etc. You are young so perhaps this is your wake up call (unlike many of us who didn't stop with that first DUI and our drinking progressed into much later stages of alcoholism, unfortunately) to get a handle on anything you need to!

Good luck!!