Old 05-30-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
entropy1964

My father, and most of his family, are all from Pitt. I think there's actually a 'hill/street' named after one branch of my family. My Great Grandfather was a big inventor and invented the first radio station there. Ha! He's in Wikipedia. Huge drinkers, all of them in my father's generation. My cousin, son of my Dad's bro lives there...he's a working actor in Hollywood but loves Pitt. He doesn't drink...where am I going with this? Dunno. But I know that, at least with my family, LOTS of alchies born and raised in Pitt. Although not one has ever blamed it on the city. Its been more about genetics and crappy parenting, I think.

I lived in Monterey.....we used to call it a drinking town with a fishing problem. Maui, huge drinking/drugging culture with the people who worked the tourist industry...which was everyone. I guess what I'm saying is there is a drinking/drugging culture pretty much everywhere if that's what I choose to see. And there's also a big sober culture....but that doesn't get my attention when I'm not at peace with my situation. I will add that the state I live in now is one of the 'cleanest' I've ever been in so I get that some places are worse. But there are liquor stores everywhere and plenty of boozing if I seek it out.