View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
BeanieBaby

Not feeling alone after your message

I totally connect with your post Behappy1. Frankly, I haven't been on this forum a lot for about two weeks because I haven't been able to sustain my sobriety. I feel bad about posting - yet again - Day 1 - for at least 10 times. And then someone (and it's totally well meaning) posts back that when you want to stay sober more than drink, etc. I get it - but that is useless unless I can connect more to that person.

I'm having a hard time. AA isn't for me - I'm a recovering Catholic and the rigidity of their mind set doesn't work for me. I've tried - and really like - yoga, some meditation. I'm starting to question if I ever will overcome this thing. I don't have a supportive lifestyle - I am a business owner with an ADD husband and son and I feel I need to micromanage everything. That's when yoga is helpful. My marriage isn't great - I will be alone tomorrow on a holiday. Many times, I feel reassured that my 10 year old son will eventually grow up and I can make some decisions for myself re: what I want in my life. My DUI last year makes any chance of divorce a bad scenario for me right now.

Anyway, thanks for your post and know that you're not alone. Oh, yeah - I guess I'm back.