View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Ayayay...

My last drunk was March 16, 2014. It was a Saturday.

The weekend before I had had my daughters birthday and after putting her to bed I proceeded to get sloshed and be an ass. I used foul language and even threatened to "kick" someone's "ass" (I don't remember that part) and then passed out on the couch. At 3am I woke up vomitting on myself. I had to clean it up and clean myself up. My inlaws were staying in my house. I flipped the cushion and acted normal the next day even though I was feeling like death.

Back to 3/16/14. I went out with the girls and promised I was going to be good. My husband and daughter were out of town and I was driving to meet then the next day. Well, I got blackout drunk and don't even remember the taxi ride home. I woke up feeling like death and had to drive an hour and work outside trying to act normal. It was horrible. It was also scary. I dont remember getting home at all, anything could have happened.

That was it. It clicked. That's when I decided I had to make a change because I didn't want to be that. I got on google and found this place and started reading. Decided to start posting 3 month after that. I have drank a few times since that date and and still working my plan but I haven't been horrible drunk since then and that date will always hold a place in my heart. I now have over 3 months. The last time I drank, Feb. 14 didn't do anything stupid but I was very hungover.

It was getting REALLY bad. I'm glad I got out before it was too late.

Thanks for the thread. I like to remind myself everyday of what it was so that I never return to that ugly place.