View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings!

Thanks for all the support - I am trying to lift myself. I am going sailing - to Martha's Vineyard in about an hour and will be back on Tuesday. I hate to admit, but my stomach flipped when Bob asked my cousin if she would like to join us - she declined because she has two sons here with their families...then, I felt guilty.

I know she is in mourning, but it is hard for me. When I went through my engagement breakup, when I realized I was an alcoholic, when I was down about my brother - etc. I always kept it to myself or my SR family or told my doctor. I think one of the things that is dragging me down is listening to my cousin constantly. She seems to be fighting with one son, one pension plan, one insurance company....and if she is not complaining about that, she is telling stories about her late husband. Her summer home is about two blocks from mine, in the same development, so I feel it is constant. And, I know this sounds nasty, but she suddenly feels I am going to do everything with her. I don't know - maybe it is me and my frustration over eating and working on the house, but I feel resentment, which is never a good thing.

Well, I am off. Have a great long weekend everyone.