View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Blacky, I don't think I've ever seen a cardboard ceiling like that before, lol! So glad it all squared up nicely for ya. Your home improvements ( extreme, by the looks of it ) continue to wow me!

Hi Wolfie, how's your garden doing?

Melki, squash, beans and peppers are super easy to grow. And the book that Steely and I are going to read is The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. You're more than welcome to read and discuss it w/us ( I think we both could stand a bit of a push from someone lol. )

Steely, I'm so happy that things went well w/your psychiatrist. I think that book will help you to work through your shame and help us both to love ourselves, imperfections and all!
I've never talked about my childhood here at SR, but I'll begin to...little by little, beginning today. I saw different psychiatrists on n off for 10-15 years total, but truth be told, I'd quit seeing every psychiatrist when it came time to delve deeper into my past. I learned at a very early age to effectively block things out ( sometimes permanently, as I'm unable to remember much of my childhood. ) My mum was a drug addict her entire life and my dad ( biological to my sis and bro, adopted me ) was an alcoholic. Okay, that's enough for today lol. This isn't as easy as I thought it'd be and maybe I'll just save it until our book discussion. Thing is, I've gotten through sobriety by staying upbeat and positive. And when I think about unpleasant things, my mind automatically switches to happy memories. So I draw a blank when discussions get too tough. Further, I've given all my fear away to God and I'm clean now. I think the combination of all these things has helped me to get past my PTSD. I no longer have nightmares or panic attacks at the drop of a dime and I plan on keeping it that way.

Have you seen the movie Wolf Creek? It's a horror flick about a serial killer in Australia. I'm not sure how much of it's based a factual events, but it was scarier than heck and your story w/the car stopping and turning it's lights out made me think about it. Yikes!!!

Astro, Which Rush song is your fave? Mine is Dreamline and 2112.

Wkend (( Hugs )) my friends!