View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Don't yell please :)

So... I know that Im ususally one to say "give it to me straight" but please don't yell at me for this....

Give it to me straight still (just temper it a little bc Im at the end of my rope, literally)...

So, I've been out of work for days at a time lately at the hospital with DD having horrible testing done, albeit necessary.

Thanksfully we have been referred to one of the nations best Children's Hospitals in my region so DD is well cared for...

Anyway, I have not asked xAH to take time off and come down, I have not asked for ANYTHING of him. I have however, notified him factually about what's been scheduled, as I am required to per the parenting plan.

I have told him when and where appts were so he could not allege (as he has) that I kept him from attending.

I have not followed up more that that with him.

And (no surprise to you all I am sure) he has not replied to any of it. He has not asked how DD is. He has not asked anything. He has not called to talk to DD, offered her any comfort, inquired, etc...

He has shown LESS interest in his own child than I could have EVER imagined.

At the same time, he has communicated with me about being angry that his "dictated" (his word) time to have the kids overnight this weekend interferes with a concert he bought tix for, he has said that he wants me to contact my friend (whose daughter JUST DIED tragically) to get her to help get some articles removed from a local paper about his arrests/firing....

I know I should expect him to be self-absorbed... I know that...

But internally, his lack of giving any **** at all about our child, is breaking my heart... It is making a hard situation 1000000% harder.

I have friends and family and strangers around the community being kind and compassionate and genuinely concerned for my DD and her own DAD doesn't care.

Like I said, I know, I know, this is not a surprise... I should not let it upset me...

But this is hard.

And he's done this, time and time again with the girls and each time, is all apologies about how it'll be different next time and it NEVER is.

It's hurting me deeply as a mom to see that the man I opted to have kids with has no soul, no care for his own kids.... I feel heartsick about it...

So.. I just needed to vent...

Thanks for listening-- and I know, it's dumb for me to let it upset me.... I know....