View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings!

Choobie, I wish I had the voice to sing in public. I love music, but it does not love me!

Ultra, your post said it all. We were very lucky to find each other on SR. As Pink wrote, the unconditional support has made the difference in our sobriety.

London and Determined, you both sound great.

I am slowly getting out of my doldrums as one of the things that is bothering me is my eating. One thing I have realized is I am starting to treat certain things like I did alcohol. If I buy a box ofa certain flavor frozen yogurt bars, I cannot rest until the box is empty. I made a batch of black bean brownies ( black beans, apple sauce, pumpkin, eggwhites, dark chocolate, cocoa, walnuts) and threw them out when I was halfway through the pan because I knew I was going to eat them all. I have had this problem in the past, and fought it by buying/making food I like, but do not love. So, if I buy the blueberry yogurt bars I will be able to eat one or two a day - the coffee/chocolate chip??? forget about it! Sometimes the box is half empty when I reach my driveway from the store.

The eating, the dust from having four rooms of flooring replaced with Pergo, my cousin's mourning - - have been the reasons for my down feelings.

I am trying.