Old 05-24-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
You know, other than the part where you decided the conclusion was to drink... this is actually a pretty interesting train of thought. In some schools of Buddhist thought this is exactly what is recommended for dealing with painful situations. In that practice you would do that by meditating on it without trying to change it. Even if not meditating, the idea of shifting from a place of trying to run away from problems towards quietly observing your negative emotions without judgment is actually a really a very wise impulse on your part. I do this a lot and find it very helpful. The idea of just acknowledging the bad stuff without attaching to it is pretty powerful.
Fantail this is how that thought process started for me. I know where your coming from with this. I thought you know I need to just be this I need to just accept that this is just how it is life is like this sometimes no big deal. But I think my thought process ran with this idea and thoguht YEEEHAAWW why not go eat garbage and get drunk again! and i got very very depressed etc..

But also to your point I'd say for a tleas the last week. I have not been reading i have not been meditating or working on my inner self like AT ALL. and so i've been aware of this the last few days that gee you know maybe taking some quite time to meditate and gather myself might not be a bad idea.

I just have not gotten to it yet and have been trying to claw myself out of this depressive state / be ok with it.

I was able to resolve a few problems today. and able to get a slow painful short run in. So I'm thankful for that much and I might try and go back out later and run some more gingerly.