View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Are these people you work with as in a job, or in recovery?

If its work as in job, I would be concerned that 'people' know you're an alcoholic and are willing to spread false information. But if what is done is done, I would simply confront (in a professional and diplomatic way) those that are spreading the rumors. And I would be sure I'm positive who is responsible.

If its people you work with in recovery, they have no place to judge. It is no one's place to speak on your behalf with respect to relapse. I would do the same with those in recovery. Set them straight.

I would then let go of any resentment you have and try to move on. I was shopping yesterday at the Rack with my kiddo and the lady ringing us up said something like "People are going to judge me no matter what I do so I may as well be me" (this was in response to my daughter complimenting her non conformist hair). The comment made me sad in a way because I rarely get concerned if someone is judging me (that's the beauty of being old). It made me sad that that was her response because obviously she does care. Anyway, the comment was true.

Hang in there.