View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by ryan9872340972 View Post
...I was prescribed Tramadol 200mg x2 caps a day, morning and night. After taking this medication for a month approx I suddenly felt happier and didnt have any desire to drink at all...

...Some may call this switching addictions, if so taking 2 tablets per day and staying sober and productive and not dying is well worth it...

...Tramadol cured my drinking and saved my life. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you
Well, I've always believed in calling a spade a spade (that's the gardening implement to which I refer), and I absolutely see it as switching addictions.

You say that taking Tramadol you have no desire to drink alcohol, but you don't mention how it's helping your pain. Using a medication for a purpose it's not meant seems like addict behavior to me. ...and you say..........: '...After taking this medication for a month approx I suddenly felt happier..." To me it just sounds like you were high.

All the above aside, I do have one major concern. You say..........: "...I was prescribed Tramadol 200mg x2 caps a day, morning and night..."

I live with chronic debilitating pain, and take a number of different medications, and have done my fair share of research. As others have said, Tramadol is extremely addictive, and in my research I found that the normal maximum dosage was 400mgs a day. It appears you're taking twice that [two 200mg caps (400mgs total) twice a day]................just something to think about.

(o: