View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
alcoholics wife

Originally Posted by thisisit2016 View Post
Part of my problem is I think I avoid stopping or slowing down because it is HIS idea. It ticks me off to no degree. I have had 3 glasses of wine today. And he is all over my ass saying he thinks he needs to tell someone that I need help. It infuriates me and I want to keep drinking just to spite him. I know this sounds terribly unhealthy. But it is the truth. I can't stand his attitude and narrcism. He isn't drinking (never drinks much anyway) and he says that he has so much clarity and can see all the issues and how much I need help. Grrrrrrr! I want to punch him. Or snack him. He just makes me so upset. I don't want him to say "see, I told you..."
In the end, it is about YOU not him. Using teenager tactics of rebelling just hurts you longer in the end. Why the constant torture to yourself?
I've heard all negative qualities about your husband from being a narcissist to a controlling abuser to you wanting to punch him. I haven't heard any positives. What makes you stay in this marriage?