View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Shakti1008

Pot addict

Hi this is ******, I have a similar story. I was dating someone and then didn't see each other for 3 years. We recently started talking again and his story hasn't changed. Most of the time he will say that he has to straighten out his life , work, health, debt but he doesn't mention his drug addiction. He keeps changing his mind, wanting me then not wanting me. Wanting to be with me then making excuses about not being able to function with me
In his life. He doesn't understand that it's his drug addiction and procrastination that do this to him. And the emotional ups and downs... I couldn't take the toxic cloud anymore. Yes he isa good soul, kind caring but with this addiction in the middle, he won't be able to stick to anything. I wish he understood this .

Originally Posted by purplepenguin View Post
Hey! Thanks for all the responses... I wasn't sure how everyone would respond since talking about pot as an addiction always seems to stire up some controversy.

I have had a lot of highs and lows. It is hard because I still think about him a lot, and at times I can only remember his good qualities, all the fun times we had, and all the sweet things he used to say to me.

I know he feels sad and misses me too, but I know he is probably just getting high to forget it all... like always.

I sometimes think, well, maybe it would be different if he could quit... but I know that is something he would have to do on his own without me. I'm just trying to refrain from contacting him and keeping up the whole no contact thing. I think it will be the quickest way for me to feel better.

Does anyone else have stories like this? Am I doing the right thing...?