View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
Meh who cares what they think! People are so nosy.

My only advice is to protect yourself legally as you will not get the protection of marriage should you split. Make sure your name is on all property obtained etc.

Good luck on your new adventure!
We're both on top of this stuff since we're both in finance, have accountants, and lawyers that we use regularly. I have no assets, really, and we won't be combining money or accounts any time soon. Separate accounts and finances for now is fine by me.

After what we both lost financially in our divorces, we're both shy about blending finances or expenses.
He recently told me that, since I'm a year older and losing my eyesight (I need readers now!) I better get a good look at him today since he's planning on being around permanently and then he talked about '20 years from now' kind of stuff and I nearly fell off the bed laughing. I just don't think future much anymore except where it comes to my career and getting out of debt, etc. As far as our relationship is concerned, I'll be ok if it ends next week or if it ends in 20 years because I know from experience that God's got me right where I need to be. It sucks when relationships end, but I have learned that nothing is permanent, everything is temporary, and life is ALWAYS changing.

I don't even think about marriage anymore. If he were to propose in a year or 2, I think I'd agree to it but I say that now without having lived with him or sharing a house, etc. This next year will be a good test for us to see if this is something we can truly make happen for all of us as a family.

Thanks everyone for your support!