View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GingerbreadFrog

Horrible withdrawals

Hello everyone, I'm new here and a bit nervous!

I've been a binge drinker, on and off (not a drop during my 2 pregnancies) for about 10 years - I drank to self medicate for bipolar disorder. I relapsed by bingeing all of last week - prior to that, I'd managed 4 months of sobriety, and I loved every second of it. I started drinking again due to numerous life issues and a violent ex finding out where I lived.

I drank horrific amounts of vodka over last week, and now I'm having withdrawals so bad I'm frightened. The night following my last drink, I lay in bed terrified - I was pouring with sweat, I couldn't stop rolling around, I was agitated, all the usual.

Three days on, I don't feel much better. Blurred vision, sleeplessness, high temperature, depression, anxiety, lower back pain, weakness. Whenever I've withdrawn before, it's lasted no longer than 3-4 days, and always improved more each day. This just feels like one thing's improving one day, and some other symptom makes up for it the next day.

I can't go to the hospital because they'll alert social services, who have already been involved with my family due to my mental health and alcohol abuse. I HAVE to stress that I never drink around my children, they're always safe with my husband.

Is there anything I can do to ride this out at home? I'm drinking 4 litres of water per day, eating plenty and trying to move about and be busy. I already take propranolol for anxiety, and lamotrigine for the bipolar. Are there any vitamins I can take to get me through this?

Thank you!