View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
behindblueyes

Sorry I missed all these posts!

It's likely that she feels out of control"- Yes she has been diagnosed OCD and has to count, rearrange and control everything. This child has so many diagnoses from so many psych and doctors. I have had her at three different therapists. One dropped her entirely and just stopped answering her calls.
When she goes to the therapist, she will talk about how she is not getting along with this or that friend at school. She never really wants to talk about dad or the other side. Then, when we get in the car she will go "You know why I can't stand dad's new wife" and I have to go waaait why didn't you talk about that in there?

She likes to pin us all against each other for attention.

zjw- No she has zero rules over there. No chores, just video games. She has always had rules here since she could walk she was doing chores. I have never changed households or brought anyone in here. I think she would entirely lose it if i dated.

zlhzlh- YES as soon as she would get on the bus some days (when I was cut to part time), or on the weekends where she would go to her dads and say "Im going to go live with him because I hate it here!" I would wait for her to leave and hit the bottle until I could stop crying. I sat alone at home and did this so no one could see me. I would text her dad saying she had just thrown this or done that and he would say "WOW, you have problems, she never does that to me". So, that made it worse. I thought if I OD'd and died at least they would have their "perfect" little family without me.

sleepie- I guess what I would want is a therapist and my fathers attention. She is getting a therapist but isn't using it to talk about what really matters (her anger). I am staying single so I can devote all my time to her. I don't know what else to give. Ideas?

uncorked- Yes I think he and his wife say things or give cues (eyerolls) when she talks about me in a negative way. I know she talks about me there because she comes home and does the same thing here. I say "That's nice" and move on. I know parental alienation can cause loss of custody and I don't want her hating me more. She doesn't understand drinking. She has seen my dad drink out of a can and said "wow you drink a lot of pop". That was last year. She also listens to horrible music and talks about "shots of vodka" and "beind turnt up". I have asked her what it means and she has no idea. This music is not allowed in my house.