Old 07-27-2005, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
heyhaze

Lots of good info.
In my long recovery time I did some research on vitamins, minerals & herbs. There was so much "You can take this with that but not that with this" and I got so overwhelmed I decided to keep it simple. First I started juicing my fruits & vegetables. I bought the "Juice ladys guide to juicing for health" and found a combination that works for me for my gender, age and needed vitamins. It tells of the best juices for each disorder. Juicing is more benifical than taking a vitamin because juice & vegetable, once juiced, goes straight to the blood stream, where as a vitamin has to go through the digetive track and blah blah blah before you reap the benifits. As soon as I sobered up this last time( sober 5 weeks now) I returned to my same pattern of juicing about every other day. I use Spinach, celery, carrots, parsley, beets, and an apple, sometimes I throw in a cucumber or whatever is in the crisper drawer!! Then for minerals I take flaxseed oil, evening primrose, magnesium & zinc..(You also get some of these minerals in mineral water.) And seeings there is no B12 in fruits and vegetables I drink Soymilk, eat Soy products, eat poultry and for Omega 3 I eat Fish! Plus excersize and I feel pretty darn healthy.
Just thought I would share this.
Vickie