View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Turtle76

I went to sushi with a friend. We were getting together to share pictures and stories of a friend who had just passed from liver and kidney failure. I told myself I would have one or two drinks (like always). We proceded to split 5 or 6 large bottles of sake at dinner. We then went to a bar afterward where I had another 3 or 4 glasses of wine. At this bar I told my friend that I was questioning my relationship with alcohol. Our close friend had just died from alcoholism, my boyfriend was in rehab, and I was still drinking. I knew something wasn't right about this. I went home and drank a can of miller lite. i remember sitting on my couch thinkning "I dont even like beer. Why am i drinkning this?"

The next morning I had an awful hangover. I read my horoscope and it told me to avoid excessive behavior and to make personal changes to alleviate the turmoil in my life. I started crying and felt the universe screaming at me to wake up. I thought I would just take a break, but its been over 100 days now, and I have zero desire to return to that lifestyle.