View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Bunny211

My last drunk was a 2 week long tear where I don't think there was an hour where I was not legally intoxicated. By this point I had lost my job. I would wake up, drive to the liquor store shaking and sweating and dry heaving, buy nips, first one would come right back up. Sometimes I would be able to open my car door fast enough, other times I'd projectile vomit all over the dashboard. Go home, drink til I passed out. Wake up, repeat. Anyway, I had been in AA and my old sponsor called me and told me to come to a meeting. This was Thursday, June 4, 2015. I managed to get to the 6:45 AM meeting. I was shaking and dry heaving and had to leave halfway through to vomit in the sink. I was covered in bruises from having fallen and slammed my head against the coffee table in a blackout. I was also in hypertensive crisis (I found that out later) and had a nose that was pouring blood. A physician , who was a member of that meeting, pulled me aside and strongly advised I go to detox. I refused and he gave me his number and the number for an outpatient detox and asked me to call them and use his name. I didn't. I later learned that he called my old sponsor and told her that she needed to get me to a hospital or "that kid isn't going to live much longer." The next day, Friday June 5th, my old sponsor showed up at my door and said I either let her take me to the hospital or she was going to call 911. Her friend, also in AA, drove and my sponsor sat in the backseat with me, cradling my head while I had a seizure in the back seat of the car. When we arrived at the ER her friend ran in and a bunch of people (Doctors and nurses) came out with a wheelchair, threw me in it, and wheeled me in. I was too sick to be moved to detox. I was admitted to the hospital in critical condition. My pulse was 160 beats per minute, BP was something along the lines of 180/120 and I was bleeding internally. 5 days in the hospital. That was my last drink. Really glamorous, huh? I am still alive, by the sheer grace of God. So happy to be sober!