Thread: Ugh why?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey Sleepie
I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. Why anyone would post something that would upset you, I don't know. I would make the suggestion, for your own well being, to read posts like instructions for setting up your DVR or something. Try not to personalize. I can take things REALLY personally sometimes...and I know in order to be happy in recovery I have to learn not to. I think most people here mean really well.....although some can be very direct. Sometimes we don't get what we want, but we get what we need (hey isn't that a song?)>

I have very bad anxiety and PTSD. If I allow myself, my thinking can spiral into all kinds of counterproductive and distorted directions. I mean, I can make myself believe stuff that simply isn't there. Kind of scary.

Acceptance for me is so important. I can only control so much and if I've done all I can, well, I'm done. I have to let it go. Surrender. That life is what it is. Worrying endlessly does nothing but make me sick. Gratitude. Forcing myself to focus on all the positives in my life, rather than the negatives (and often making up negatives just so I can get all flustered and worried....its what I'm used to). Action. Doing things for myself that actively help my anxiety...exercise, diet. Also, helping others (I'm greatly deficient in this area right now). Volunteering is a great way to stop thinking so much about ME!

Hang in there.