View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
zlhzlh

My daughter was exactly the same......her anger towards me caused a vicious cycle of me getting upset, me drinking, her blaming me for everything, we argued constantly, it never got physical but I cried most days at the way she treated me. I used to feel like I was worthless, she talked to me like ****...it seemed the more effort I tried to make, the worse she treated me. The whole time I was working and a functioning alcoholic. Her father and me went through a terrible time, I felt he sided with her, he said I should know better and to not react. I honestly thought many a time that I would be better off dead and they would all live happily ever after. This went on for a very long time, but my daughter never missed a trick, she knew I was drinking a lot, she knew I was cheating on her father, she knew we argued every night, she knew we were on the verge of divorce. My poor little girl lived through a lot of stuff she shouldn't have and it's only now I am sober she has softened towards me. She always loved me but she was scared she was gonna lose Me. My little girl is an adult now and lives away, we speak every day, sometimes twice a day. I regret missing out on her teenage years, most of it I was either working or passed out. If only I could turn the clock back.
My suggestion is ask her what she really wants to do the next time she's with you and give her all of your undivided attention, no matter how hard things get. Just listen and be there x