View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sleepie

Lenina I know that you care but "move on let go" and such are rather like the thing I was saying about people expecting you to just excise the experience of basically living in your own privately, personally tailored hell for the first two decades of life, including your formative years and just "leave it in the past".

Now people, stop and think about the phrase "formative" years. Ok. It forms you. That's how it works. This is not a choice to feel as I do-as people seem to think it is- when you are tasked with the ongoing situation of trying to undo things and find out what/who you are. It is no small feat and involves much heartbreak, many losses and sad realizations. It isn't just "Welp, that's all over now, cool. Yay me. Time to go do my life now". Doesn't work that way.

This is a perfect example of something nobody would ever dare say to someone who literally lost a parent- but when you lose both to abuses, as well as the self you never got to be... you're just making a choice to live in the past and not "let go".