View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Sleepie I know what you mean about wanting people you know to really face their problems head on. Mental illness makes it impossible to be in true recovery. I got a full psych exam by a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction and I was SO fortunate that he didn't just put me on some crazy high dose. That is why people are always afraid of "becoming a zombie"..that won't happen if you are on the right dose. I try to hint it at some people who are dear to me but they think that it is something can control, and boy it is not.

Anna- I started doing drugs at 14 and I literally feel like I am just now catching up to being a 26 year old. Drugs really drag you down in every aspect of life. I love having a simple and drama free life and when people from school call me a granny and i'm no fun I sometimes wish they could have seen a movie of my life and then they'd understand why I cherish waking up in the morning and not being sick, being able to go anywhere at any time because I don't have to wait for a dealer, etc. etc.