View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
YoungHyde25

I've lost everything this past week

I lost my job for coming in drunk the 3rd time. The 2nd time the head boss offered me help by talking about a company program, I should of taken it. I've tried everything before, I tried going cold turkey, I could barely make it 4 days. I did alot of bad things when drunk, the next day due to withdrawal symptoms I felt over emotional and would apologize, but it wasn't really me apologizing sober. I tried buying smaller bottles, this worked well for a while, but I couldn't resist the bigger bottles. A few other coworkers would go in drunk as well, but not nearly as drunk as I was. It was like a game to us.

I also crashed my car wheel into a curb and broke it, I had just finally paid it off. Thankfully the cop that arrived on the scene was very nice, I could of very well died or been rear ended by the car behind me. Not to mention there was a beer in the cup holder. Had I not quickly gone in and threw it under the seat I could of been in big trouble. Don't know what I was thinking, i've always been so careful not to let it get that bad. I don't know how the cop couldn't tell how wasted I was.

So now I have no car and no job. On the bright side I have no bills, but i'm 25. I'll be 26 in 7 months, and I still live here with my mom, I was planning on moving out and getting my own place. I've been job hunting constantly. I miss my old coworkers alot. Living here with my mom is not idea, as she had always hated drinking. She doesn't understand how hard quitting cold turkey can be. She's constantly berating me, every minute of the day.

And on top of that this girl who I really liked who I lost touch with contacted me asking me out next week. I'm really worried since I have no car and no job and I know I would be a bad prospect for her. But I could really use a friend right now. Everyday is just straight misery, I lay on the ground thinking about how life use to be, nothing at all is making me happy. I'm very dissapointed with myself. And i'm worried I won't find another job again.

Last edited by YoungHyde25; 05-04-2016 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typo