View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spybee007

Cool Stomach / G.I. issues - Feedback

Hi All

I just wanted to get some feedback from people who have had stomach /G.I issues while drinking and after quitting drinking.

I am 34 years old and have been drinking since I was 20, more frequently between 25-34. I have gone to the doctor, about 6 months ago and they ran blood work, everything was ok.

I recently quit drinking completely, it's been 8 days now. I was having pains mostly under my right rib cage, but then they were happening all over my abdomen and sometimes into my back. I had nausea as well. I am prone to panic attacks, so I'm sure that was part of my symptoms too. They were a cramping/burning pain. I was so scared something was seriously wrong.

I had them up until about 3 days ago. I cut out all gluten, dairy and fatty processed foods. Now I am eating fruits and veggies, yogurt, small amount of fish and chicken, rice and basically clean/whole foods. I've been eating small portions. I seem to be feeling better each day, however last night I had a bigger portion of just veggies and I felt nausea and a very full feeling at the top of my abdomen (right below the sternum). I will see a doctor if the issues return, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and if it changed after quitting and eating better? I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but after a lot of research, I feel like I maybe had acute gastritis, or IBS.

All feedback is appreciated, thanks!!