View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Steely

Oh Dee you've dazzled me with techno jive ..... I'm going to the Apple shop because someone on another thread does not believe my pink shoes exist. She is only kidding with me but they must be evidenced. I thank you so.

Kzaug what a score. I've had a few good ones too. A Russian MIG fighter (think it was a MIG),
Apollo 14, and Starship Enterprise that you could open up and had ALL of the characters inside. All in boxes of toys at the op shop. Cheap as, and made a few bob on e-bay. The things a girl's gotta do.

I also buy old boxed (original) sets of women's hankies in Swiss cotton, etc. They are really beautiful, and when boxed make a great yet simple present.

Each time I give them as a gift I say on the card "just in case you cry one day". Not in a depressing soppy way, in a loving happy way. The hand laced ones are so delicate and I can still buy them within budget. I love op shopping.

My one great disappointment was a really old ukulele with wooden tuning pegs, the lot. It was gorgeous. Had to hock it and was ONE DAY late getting back to the hock shop - it was gone and know that staff had grabbed it seeing it for what it was. Anyone seen the movie "The Pawnbroker"? It's a must see.

Great work on Day 3 SSG way to go. Keep staying posted, great crew here.

I cut my Valium by .5 mg and reckon I'm feeling it a bit. Is this possible? Not enough to reinstate but feel a bit titchey. Seems like such a small innocuous amount. Oh well, keep going.

Best to all and I reckon we would make good "pickers" kzaug.