Old 05-03-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

well, my son's school costs around 20K a year. I told them that my ex won't pay his half mainly because I neglected to put it in the divorce decree. I think I was just blind and just wanted the divorce to be over with so fast that I let things slide and didn't think far enough ahead into the future. I told the school that I would be willing to put 16K towards school and I'll have my son apply for scholarships and try to drum up tax credits from friends who can donate to his school as a state tax deduction. Every few hundred dollars will help, you know?

I did NOT tell my ex that I was going to put a specific dollar amount towards schooling. And, yes, I think my ex is tanking at his job since he's in sales just to prove to me that he's suffering but his base salary is still twice the amount of my base so for him to say that I'll owe him child support is ridiculous. My son stays with me 70% of the time, I will still be paying rent to my bf for $1100 but my ex refinanced his mortgage down to $900.

He thrives on conflict, it's how he gets his energy and I knew that years ago and that's why I stayed in the marriage so long. I knew fighting him would be exhausting.

As for child support. He agreed, per the divorce decree, to pay until our son graduated from high school in May of 2017. He wants to get the courts to let him off the hook in November which I know won't hold water, unless he truly is suffering a financial hardship greater than mine.

If it wasn't for the schooling, I wouldn't bother with him. Currently, I let him write me a check for support and most months it comes late and I just let it slide. I am ready to go to the courts and file for wage garnishment.

Honestly, I'm tired of bending over backwards and being the better person here. I'm tired of his bullying. I gave up my rights to his freaking pension and he's still not grateful for what I saved him. I wonder if I can go back to the courts and try to get a hold of that, too? Not that I want to work this hard or fight him anymore, but I'm really tired of his victim martyr crap and I'm tired of him complaining to our son about what a cheating witch I am. Mainly, because I never cheated on him and mainly because I think I've extended grace to him when I didn't have to.......I'm feeling just a wee bit bitter and angry right now and need to go do some yoga, lol!