View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jseattle

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
I did quite a lot of outpatient treatment in 2010-11, a couple months of 7 days a week/all day (Sunday was a short day) and later, 2 months of 5 days a week/all day followed by 3 months of 2 days a week for a couple hours each. Saved my life for sure.

You might be surprised later on, though, to find that you weren't as clever as you think, and people did know but didn't say anything to you about it.
I'm sure you are right about that. However many of people who I've told were stunned. My AV is extremely devious and creative at hiding things and I am a quiet drunk. When I told my husband everything that I've done for the past 2 years he couldn't believe it.

I don't think I could have done it this time without real help (and more than AA). I see people trying to quit on their own, and I just can't imagine.

It still sucks. I'm only 12 days out, but glad to be going back to rehab on Monday. I will be very proud to have a clear alcohol test and it is nice to be around others facing the same demons.