View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

how "religiously" concerned I was about letting my sponsor down or letting the group down. It was a horrifying thought! And I could barely function
given your comment about the cult and this statement I hear ya.

I do NOT like the idea of feeling like i'm somehow accoutnable to someone else or some collective group. LIkve i've heard the term "accountability partner" thrown around and the types that i've met that wanna partner with me or osmething would also love to try and control me. I see it as like some way that certain people just feed off others if that makes any sense.

Now I dont get that vibe with AA personally. But I also keep it at arms length for reasons just like this.

I hope I didnt ruffle any feathers with my post for what its worth I'm also not big on authority either lol.

So i'm not sure if you feel uncomfortable with it I'd say back off. I have no idea what your AA group is like maybe your not off based feeling this way? or maybe its just your past history with the cult that is making you overly cautious. I say better safe then sorry but I would not want my sobriety to falter so stay on top of staying sober by finding other ways to fill in that Gap if possible.

plowing ahead 100 miles per hour? I dunno its almost common amonghts alcholics. I'm an all or nothing person. I'm either all in 100000% or I just totally drop something and not in at all. I can flip on a dime too. Its just how i am. But utilized properly it can be rather beneficial. I eat a super healthy diet and run why> because i'm all in 100% plowed ahead 100mph its not always a bad thing but dont bite off more then you can chew too.