View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ALinNS

It's really hard being in a management position and being friends outside work, tried it back in the early 80's and it just doesn't seem to work that well, there is a fine line but we need to keep that Chinese wall for respect.

If she isn't drinking at work and she is doing her job, IMHO I always blew off employee gossip because one doesn't want to go down that road.

When work performance becomes an issue/problem, then you can talk to her about work and what is going on. Outside work I would put the drunk calls to an end really quick, speak you mind, hold your ground and hang up.

Although not a work environment, I go through this once in the while with my older sister who I think the world of and honestly she is an angle however due to severe health issues she has become addicted to pain killers and abuses them at times, if she calls and I sense she is high I simply tell her to call be back when she has sobered up, very hard to do as she doesn't have long but not something I will put myself through, held the same attitude with employees and college's at work.