View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I am so so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. I recently went to a distant friend's daughter's funeral. I did not know for sure why she passed as she was very young. I did ask someone at the funeral in a very low voice (no one else around) if she knew what had happed to her. She confirmed it was an H overdose. I did not ever repeat what she told me to anyone else. However, I consider myself a pretty tactful person.

I would like to think his friends would be tactful as well, but you don't ever know. I would consider telling them the truth, and let them know that you are trying to protect the children and ask if they could keep it to themselves. Stress how important it is to protect the children. People of all backgrounds normally rally to protect a child, so hopefully they would do so as well.

I also have a client who told me she lost her grown son. I asked her what happened to him (I know her quite well), she just said he had suffered from depression and addiction issues his entire life and left it at that. I did not need any further explanation as no matter how he passed, I know it's tragic for her and their family, I would never dream of pushing any further.

That is just my thoughts of course. I can only say that I would likely do what my client did if you don't feel comfortable just telling them. Any grown adult can put two and two together.

I want to tell you again, you are in my heart. I just cannot imagine what all you are going through. Keep reaching out here at SR, we are definitely here for you. Chris is no longer struggling with addiction and wrestling that beast, I hope he can now rest in peace.