Old 04-29-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
sammysmith

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
SS,

I drink NA champagne all the time -- no trigger at all. Also NA mojitos etc. Don't like NA or beer. But others have had different experiences, so I think the question is whether it is worth the risk. I had drunk the NA stuff when I was pregnant and knew it would be OK.

But, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, each of us knows our motivation in doing what we do, and as long as your intent is to stay sober and this helps, I think only you can decide.

I want to say about your charity gal, I have met just her type in London and I am with you -- forget the resentment stuff, those folks are just rude.
At the end of the day I am a rational adult with a very successful professional career, which I wish to remain success by ditching anything that could potentially ruin it for me. They spoke to me like I was a bum. I live in a beautifully spotless home (I have an OCD cleaning habit). I am clean, neat and tidy in appearance. Yet I was spoken to like I am a piece of dirt, just because I expressed an interest in receiving intervention. I don't know who made her God, but she seemed to act superior because she doesn't have a problem and I do. Well in life we ALL have our problems. Everyone. I just don't choose to take them out on others with an attitude problem. She did. She also had the audacity to ask me why I felt I had to have help with detox. So I am not even going there. I am going to see the people I know can help me, as I now have that in place.