View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
SupCola
Braveheart

My First Post

Hi Everyone

My name is Gina and this is my first post to SR. I found this site last week and have visited a few times (between my binging hours). Starting to figure out how the website works. It will take more visits to understand it completely. But, yes, I sure would like to join a group.

I'm 40 years old and have been drinking for a very long time. Short of my three pregnancies and a few years when the babies were young, its been a part of my life. More so than I care to admit. Until now, that is. It has caused me a tremendous price in my personal relationships and self-esteem. So, today will be the beginning of a new hope.

My sister, Charlene is new too. She posted on a different thread, I'll have to check with her on that. We plan on attending the Wednesday meetings at 7:00 p.m. Unfortunately, we both suffer from the pains of addiction. But, with the help of SR we'll soon enjoy the benefits of sobriety.

Thanks for listening. And if you have any tips on how to get around on this place - that would be great!