Old 04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Delizadee

I think the reason why people are asking you if you have a plan is take me for example. I quit drinking when I was pregnant without a problem. Thinking I could go back to moderated drinking. Within two years after baby was born I was a daily drinker . Which quickly turned into a round the clock drinker. I detoxed myself 3 times in the space of a couple months. I didn't have a plan. So I went right back to drinking. My entire life fell apart and I ran away... drank myself stupid, detoxed myself and went to AA but no plan beyond that stayed sobe about a month. I convinced myself I could control it. So what started out as a drink or two here or there turned into daily drinking and I was round the clock drinking within weeks.
I then went to detox before Christmas after two months of heavy drinking again. I stayed sober for two weeks through the worst Christmas and hell ish weeks of my life. No plan. I hit the bottle hard and fast again for another number of weeks and it took me 3 weeks to taper off to my first real plan and sober date of Feb 14th. I lasted 6.5 weeks sober and relapsed and have spent most of this month trying to taper off.
I need a better plan.

The thing is... you get used to living a drunk life, just replacing alcohol beverages with NA drink is not necessarily enough for most of us. Having a solid plan to fall back on is what helps to assure and affirm many of us in our path of sobriety.

I can decide to stop drinking all I want. I'm completely incapable of making it stick without a good, all encompassing plan.

I don't have much to say on NA beers and wine other than I think they taste yuck.
I can tell you that having a good plan will help you stay sober.
Good luck and I wish you the best